World Series Rules for Skills Competition:
-THIS IS FOR THE 13AA ONLY-
Texas Tournament Baseball conducts our Skill Competition a little differently. All events run simultaneously on 3 different fields.
PLACE: Breckenridge Park
TIME: Immediately following the coach's meeting (approx 9:30)
Mandatory Coach's Meeting: 8:30am (30-45mins)
Skills and Drills : 9:30 (1-1.5 hours)
Team Check-In : 8:30 - Noon
For a complete itinerary for the 13AA, click here or visit our website at www.texastournamentbaseball.com
There is not a sign up, simply show up at the field and we will get everyone signed up there.
Infield Around the Horn: (Fastest time)
- Each team gets two (2) attempts.
- Pitcher will start from the pitching position.
- Clock will start when he releases the ball.
- The Pitcher will throw to the catcher.
- The Catcher must step on Home Plate and then throw to 2nd Baseman
- The 2nd Baseman must step on 2nd Base and then throw to the 1st Baseman.
- The 1st Baseman must step on 1st Base and then throw to the 3rd Baseman.
- The 3rd Baseman must step on 3rd Base and then throw to the Shortstop.
- The Shortstop must step on 2nd Base and then throw to the Catcher.
- Once the Catcher receives the ball and steps on Home Plate the clock will stop.
- Six (6) players per team will be allowed to participate.
Team Base Running: (Fastest time)
- Teams will receive two (2) attempts.
- Teams will consist of 8 players. 4 at second base and 4 at home plate.
- Players may not lead off!
- Players will run a relay style race. The first runner from Home Plate will take off and the clock will start. When that player touches second base, the first player at 2nd base will take off from behind the base and wait for the previous runner to cross in front of him touching second base before he will leave his spot. When the player from second going home touches home plate and passes in front of the player, the next player will take off from home plate. When the last player touches home plate, the clock will stop.
- We require that the next player running start behind the base or in the right handed batters box so that there is no question if the player left early. If the player leaves early, there will be no doubt since the other player has to touch the base and run through the base/plate.
- All players will run on the same size field.
- Eight (8) players per team will be allowed to participate.
Team Home Run Derby:
- Each team can have as many as three players participate.
- Each player gets four (4) outs.
- Team provides pitcher and balls.
- Anything not hit over the fence/home run line in fair territory is an out.
- A batter can take two (2) pitches.
- Once he has used his two (2) takes, every pitch not swung at is an out.